El Refugio is a volunteer-driven ministry of hospitality and visitation serving immigrants detained at Stewart Detention Center, their families, and friends. Our hospitality house, located 1 mile outside the gates of Stewart Detention Center, depends on the generosity of people just like you.
Here are some creative ways to support our work. If you have additional ideas, please contact us!
El Refugio offers all meals, lodging, and comfort to guests free-of-charge thanks to the generosity of people like you. All donations are tax-deductible. Use the EIN 45-5544736 for your tax records.
You may also mail checks to:
El Refugio Ministry
P.O. Box 3996
Decatur, GA 30031
VOLUNTEER IN PERSON
Join us for a weekend or a day at El Refugio’s hospitality house, located in Lumpkin, GA. No experience is required; just a heart to love people in crisis. Even better, Gather 2-12 of your friends, family, or parishioners, and El Refugio will provide the rest. Click here to submit a volunteer inquiry form.
- Going to Kroger grocery store? Support El Refugio by signing up to be a Kroger Plus member (it’s free and offers shopping discounts) or registering your existing membership and designating El Refugio Ministry as your Community Rewards beneficiary. Go to www.kroger.com/communityrewards and use the El Refugio organization number, 26698, when you register your Kroger Plus card for Community Rewards. Then use the membership card each time you pay for your purchases at Kroger.
- Shopping online with Amazon? Use this link: smile.amazon.com/ch/45-5544736 when you shop and El Refugio will receive a small donation from Amazon at no cost to you.
ASSIST FROM HOME BY:
- – Preparing meals (that can be frozen and reheated) for volunteers to serve visiting families
- – Cleaning and folding laundry from a weekend’s activities
- – Purchasing and mailing books for men who request reading material
- – Writing letters to men detained
Invite us to share about immigration detention and our faithful acts of hospitality with your congregation, community group, or friends.